Devil Chocolate Cake filled with ganache covered with Satin Ice fondant
|Sour Cream Coffee Cake filled with roasted almonds and coffee buttercream|
covered with homemade fondant
|Chocolate Cake filled with ganache covered with buttercream|
Like always I love a new book on cakes or cake decorating, last week I got a Planet Cake decorating book. Perfect it was a busy week with a lot of opportunity to create. I don't like it when clients assume I am a cake maker who will "NOT COPY" cakes or send you images off the Net to try and get an order from a client.
Baking is my expression of love and the reason I started taking orders was to give me an opportunity to make more cakes and share it with clients/friends who like my work. Each cake is more important to me than anything else. The money I earn from it is just enough to buy the ingredients. If it was about I should go back to my old job. Anyway, it doesn't matter I am baking and will be baking for my grand children when they come along. I loved this " Some people stress eat; I Stress Bake", I read this and it was perfect, all the years I worked the cake saved me from the stress and then with young kids, birth, pregnancy and new marriage.. guess who saved me yes it was my baking. Guess what I was doing I stress baked. Thanks to it I love writing " Baking From My Heart".
While I bake a lot of cakes I also cook for the house and lots of stuff for the kids. I am thinking of writing all the recipes down. This weekend I made Amanat and Mannat bake "Banocolate Cookies" these are banana flavoured biscuits are combined with chunks/chips of chocolate.
Recipe : Banocolate Cookies
2 over ripe Banana's
100gms unsalted butter ( always at room temperature)
100gms brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
100gms chocolate chunks or chips
1 no. egg
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C
- Mash the banana's really nicely (Amanat loves doing this like "I CAN COOK"
- Beat the butter and sugar till light and fluffy it will take 3 minutes on a free standing mixture.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder. Add the egg to the butter mixture.
- Add the sieved flour and the oats. Don't over mix it.
- Stir the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaped tablespoons of mixture into the sheets. Flatten them then bake for 15 minutes to 20 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Anything that contains Banana should be eaten within 2 days and should be stored in the refrigerator.
- Chocolate Chips : Chocolate Chunks : chocolate chips are better as they don't melt into the batter, so the colour but chocolate chunks are easier to get equally good in terms of taste but the colour does get darker.
|Vanilla Sponge soaked in pineapple syrup filled with pineapple buttercream|
covered with homemade fondant
The plan is to make lots of decorations for the AWA Mela save the date it's on 28th October'2012 at The American Embassy School, New Delhi, it's my third year. Wow! time flies so quickly.